This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate passion and talent in Business subjects as well as strong academic performance.
Specialist Scholarship - Business
This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate passion and talent in Business subjects as well as strong academic performance. Student must demonstrate a high level of organisation, self-management, resilience and have the capacity to become leaders in the school community.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- New or existing students.
- Students entering Year 11 or 12.
- Not available to international full-fee paying students.
- Curriculum Vitae which includes all personal contact information.
- Written character reference from a teacher or community leader.
- Previous school reports which indicate academic performance.
- An interview where the student (accompanied by parent/guardian) will present a portfolio of their interest and achievements in one or more Business fields.
- Applicants must undertake three out of the five of the following subjects to be considered for this scholarship. The subjects are: Accounting, Business Management, Computing, Economics and Legal Studies.
- Written application (maximum three pages) which addresses the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated passion for and talent in the field of Business.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce strong academic results.
- Demonstrated exemplary behaviour and attitudes towards learning.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the school’s values of respect, honesty, responsibility and endeavour.
- Demonstrate ability to solve difficult problems through creative thought and inquiry.
The written application which includes all points mentioned in the above ‘application requirements’ section to be forwarded to Assistant Principal Mr.Paul Broecker at Fountain Gate Secondary College.
Students who receive this scholarship are expected to maintain a high standard of academic performance and exemplary personal behaviour. Students must select at least three Business subjects in VCE. If a student does not meet these requirements then a scholarship will be reviewed and may be revoked.
- Essential education items fee will be paid by the College each year.
- All subject fees will be paid by the College.
The tenure of this scholarship is a maximum of two years and ends when the student is no longer enrolled at the College.
- Subject fees
- Excursion levies
- School planner
- Textbook fees
Mr. Peter Laidlaw
Business Domain Leader
Mr. Paul Broecker
Ph: (03) 8762 6839