This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate passion and talent in the field of Science as well as strong academic performance.
Specialist Scholarship - Business
This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate passion and talent in the field of Science as well as strong academic performance. Students must demonstrate a high level of organisation, self-management, resilience and have the capacity to become leaders in the school community.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- New or existing students.
- Students entering Year 10, 11, 12.
- Not available to international full-fee paying students.
- Curriculum Vitae which includes all personal contact information.
- Written character reference from a teacher or community leader.
- Previous school reports which indicate academic performance.
- An interview where the student (accompanied by parent/guardian) will present a portfolio of their achievements in two or more Science fields.
- Written application (maximum three pages) which addresses the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated outstanding scientific thinking and passion for the sciences.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce strong academic results.
- Demonstrated exemplary behaviour and attitudes towards learning.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the school’s values of respect, honesty, responsibility and endeavour.
- Demonstrate ability to solve difficult problems and work safely and independently.
The written application which includes all points mentioned in the above ‘application requirements’ section to be forwarded to Assistant Principal Mr.Paul Broecker at Fountain Gate Secondary College.
Students who receive this scholarship are expected to maintain a high standard of academic performance and exemplary personal behaviour. Students must choose to study Science elective(s) and select at least two VCE Science subjects (Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Psychology). If a student does not meet these requirements then a scholarship will be reviewed and may be revoked.
- Essential education items fee will be paid by the College each year.
- Elective fees that relate directly to this speciality scholarship will be paid for by the College each year.
The tenure of this scholarship is a maximum of three years and ends when the student is no longer enrolled at the College.
- Subject fees
- Excursion levies
- School planner
- Textbook fees
Mrs. Amy Mraz
Science Domain Leader
Mr. Paul Broecker
Ph: (03) 8762 6839