Assistant Principal's Newsletter
Parent Support Required, “Children’s Crossings are Cool,” Student Awards and Exhibition of Learning.
Thursday 24th October, 2019.
Open 'Exhibition of Learning' in a new window
Parent Support Required
A number of students are arriving at school each day tired, not ready for a full day of learning. The reason for this is that your child has had their electronic devices (phones, iPads, and computers) in their rooms each night when they go to bed. We ask that parents insist that the electronic devices are placed in a different room, charging for the next day. If the students claim that they need these devices because they need the alarm clock, then please go and purchase an alarm clock. A good night’s sleep is imperative if a young person is to succeed.
“Children’s Crossings are Cool”
- A children’s crossing is a legal crossing when two flags are in place.
- Children and adults who are crossing at a children’s crossing must comply with the supervisor’s directions.
- You must always stand behind the yellow line.
- Never follow the children’s crossing supervisor out onto the crossing – WAIT! THEY MUST GO OUT FIRST, WHEN THEY HAVE BLOWN THEIR WHISTLE (2 SHORT BLASTS) IT IS SAFE TO CROSS.
- DO NOT ride bikes across the crossing, bounce a ball, fight, muck around or run – WALK QUICKLY AND SAFELY.
- ALWAYS stay within the lines of crossing and walk in front of the supervisor (never behind them).
- The children’s crossing supervisor will always wait until it is safe before they walk out and blow their whistle.
- Cars are NOT allowed to park on the crossing. If the area is not clear you must pull up behind the white line and wait till you have clearance before proceeding.
- Always be alert and listen to what your children’s crossing supervisor says.
- It is ILLEGAL to double-park outside a school – you will be caught.
- REMEMBER ALWAYS CROSS AT THE CHILDREN’S CROSSING WHEN IT IS IN OPERATION.
Congratulations to the following students who have been working at their very best and have received a Certificate of Achievement.
8C: C. Lincoln
8F: K. Puni
8K: D. Balkan
Information provided in the Fountain Gate Secondary College Newsletter may contain content from various resources used to educate and inform our community on a range of topics. These sources being the Internet, DET, Headspace, Educational Websites, Community News, Articles and Magazines. The College takes no credit or claim to have written these articles.