Assistant Principal's Newsletter
“Children’s Crossings are Cool," Curriculum Day – Thursday 5th December 2019 and Student Awards.
Friday 15th November, 2019.
“Children’s Crossings are Cool”
- A children’s crossing is a legal crossing when two flags are in place.
- Children and adults who are crossing at a children’s crossing must comply with the supervisor’s directions.
- You must always stand behind the yellow line.
- Never follow the children’s crossing supervisor out onto the crossing – WAIT! THEY MUST GO OUT FIRST, WHEN THEY HAVE BLOWN THEIR WHISTLE (2 SHORT BLASTS) IT IS SAFE TO CROSS.
- DO NOT ride bikes across the crossing, bounce a ball, fight, muck around or run – WALK QUICKLY AND SAFELY.
- ALWAYS stay within the lines of crossing and walk in front of the supervisor (never behind them).
- The children’s crossing supervisor will always wait until it is safe before they walk out and blow their whistle.
- Cars are NOT allowed to park on the crossing. If the area is not clear you must pull up behind the white line and wait till you have clearance before proceeding.
- Always be alert and listen to what your children’s crossing supervisor says.
- It is ILLEGAL to double-park outside a school – you will be caught.
- REMEMBER ALWAYS CROSS AT THE CHILDREN’S CROSSING WHEN IT IS IN OPERATION.
Curriculum Day – Thursday 5th December 2019
Students are not required to attend school on Thursday 5th December 2019. With Curriculum Day approaching, it should be very clear that the student’s workload should have increased. Homework should be completed most nights of the week at this time of the year to ensure the best possible results. Completing assessment or set tasks and preparing for tests or examinations must be part of the student’s homework routine. If your son or daughter is not completing homework, then please contact the respective Head of School or Student Manager to raise your concerns.
Congratulations to the following students who have been working at their very best and have received a Certificate of Achievement.
7K: T. Mohammadi
8C: G. Amiri
8F: L. Davenne
Ms C. Bamberg, Mr. P. Broecker, Mr. N. Uwins
Information provided in the Fountain Gate Secondary College Newsletter may contain content from various resources used to educate and inform our community on a range of topics. These sources being the Internet, DET, Headspace, Educational Websites, Community News, Articles and Magazines. The College takes no credit or claim to have written these articles.