Your child will be using Edrolo as an essential online and textbook VCE resource to support their studies in 2021.
The following information outlines the key benefits of this resource for your child as they approach their final years at school, and how to pay for their online and/or hardcopy access via the Edrolo Payment Portal.
What is the Edrolo Standard Resource?
Edrolo is an online resource that provides interactive videos and exam questions for Year 11 and 12 students. Edrolo is currently used by 1,000+ schools and 100,000+ students. You can find out more about how Edrolo will support your child in their VCE in this short video: edrolo.com.au/parents/
Our school will use Edrolo as a teaching and learning tool to further enhance what is covered in class. Our teachers will use Edrolo for:
➔ prescribed holiday homework;
➔ pre-class work;
➔ revision & consolidation;
➔ assessment preparation;
➔ exam revision
Edrolo’s Textbooks (Units 1-4 Legal Studies)
Edrolo publishes textbooks that go far beyond the traditional textbooks we are generally familiar with. The main features of the Edrolo textbook include:
● Exam-style questions to help prepare students throughout the year.
● Answers for every question plus corresponding checklists to support student understanding.
● Video solutions accompanying all textbook questions, recorded by expert educators to guide students to understand what is required to answer the questions.
● Extra support with homework! There are loads of videos which are accessible 24/7 to help your child understand what they need to know for a SAC or exam.
● Data accessible by the teacher to help them better understand the next steps in your child’s learning.
What does Edrolo cost?
Standard Edrolo Course $27.50 incl. GST per subject Covered through subject levies
Textbook course: digital resource + optional print textbook Edrolo Textbook Resource + Standard Edrolo Course: $77 incl. GST + optional $29 hardcopy textbook (delivered to your home address). Unit 1-4 Legal Studies only -
Paid via students’ Edrolo account - see details below
Delivery of the hardcopy books will take place in late January 2021 in time for the commencement of classes.
How do I pay via the Edrolo Payment Portal for my child’s textbook access?
Payment must be made for Edrolo via the online Edrolo Payment Portal. As your child will be using Edrolo as a key resource in the subscribed subjects, please ensure payment is made as early as possible to ensure minimal disruption to their all-important studies. Payments can be made online through your child’s Edrolo account from 30 November onwards.
If payment has not been received by the payment due date, your child will be blocked from accessing all of their Edrolo courses until the balance has been paid in full (no later than March 15, 2021). Please ensure payment is made by the payment due date, as your child will have homework and classwork to complete on Edrolo through Term 4 and the summer break. As soon as account payment has been made, access to all courses will be restored.
Go to edrolo.com.au/paymentvideo to view a 2 minute video
Activate Your Edrolo Account
If your child used Edrolo in 2020, their account will be active and they can log in as normal to pay through the Payment Portal - see Step 6 below.
If your child is new to Edrolo, please follow the instructions below first.
1. Go to www.edrolo.com.au/activate/ksp-fwm
2. Enter your surname and check that it recognises your correct first name
3. Enter your email address and choose a secure password that you will remember
4. Click ‘Let me in’
5. Edrolo will send a confirmation email to the email address you used above – go to your email inbox and click the activation link in the Edrolo email sent to you.
6. Once you have signed into your account, click on the “Pay now” button in the top right-hand corner of your screen and follow the prompts.
7. Review your Edrolo Courses: if any of your courses also has an Edrolo Textbook, you will have the option to add a hard copy textbook, which will be delivered to your home address
Didn't receive the confirmation email? Double-check your spam/junk folder. If not there, please head back to the link in step one and try again (you may have mistyped your email address).
I have an account, but I can't remember my password! Simply head to our reset password page.
I'm still having trouble, please send help! Don't worry, our School Support Team is standing by ready to assist! Simply click 'Leave a Message' or give us a call on 1300 EDROLO (1300 337 656).