The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) is awarded on behalf of the State Government of Victoria to students upon successful completion of Years 11 and 12 and allows entry to tertiary institutions. Students in Year 12 are assessed using school coursework and external examinations. Outstanding students can extend their studies by undertaking a university subject within the VCE. Students can also complete a VET program as part of their VCE studies.
The minimum requirements for obtaining the VCE is satisfactory completion of 16 units including:
- At least 3 units of English or English Literature
- At least 3 sequences of units 3-4, other than English
- A unit is equal to a semester and approximately 100 hours duration
- VET in Schools programs can contribute to the completion of VCE
- VTAC advises that for the calculation of the ATAR, satisfactory completion of both Units 3 & 4 English is required
- Please note that some of these listed subjects are 'travelling subjects'.
- Travellers are students from Fountain Gate Secondary College who are undertaking a subject at Gleneagles Secondary College or Hallam Senior College. Travelling enables even wider access to a student’s program of choice.
|Global & Australian Politics|
|Health & Human Development|
|History - Revolutions|
|History 20th Century|
|Product Design & Dev - Textiles|
|Product Design & Dev - Mixed Materials|
|Studio Arts - General|
|Studio Arts - Photography|
VET Cert II & III Rugby Academy